Pay with your credit card online
Legacy Nautical accepts VISA & MasterCard. We use secure encryption technology (please see below) to protect your credit card details during an online transaction.
All successful order transactions will receive an order confirmation email within 30 minutes. If you have not received your order confirmation email, check your email junk or spam folder. Alternatively, log in your account to check your order summary. If you do not have an account yet, you can create one here.
All successful transactions complete will appear in your bank statement as A J WOODALL SHIPWRIGHT
Please note all transactions are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
You can shop with confidence at Legacy Nautical, as we use SSL (Secure Socket Layers), the most advanced online ordering security system available. Any sensitive information, including your credit card number, is encrypted by SSL. All credit card payments are handled by the eWay payment gateWay. eWay processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWay Payment GateWay are secured payments. The following measures are taken to protect your data:
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by us or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under a 40 to 256 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWay, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWay is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWay at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by us.
- When completing your order at the checkout, you will enter secure mode.
At Legacy Nautical your privacy is paramount. We recognise that your personal information is important to you and share your concerns about how information is collected, used and shared. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. Legacy Nautical is committed to complying with all applicable Australian Privacy Laws and ensures that our staff are aware of their obligations. The following should give you a greater understanding on how we collect and use customer information.
Why we collect information
- To deliver products or services to you
- To better understand your requirements and preferences
- Improve our service
- Provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you
How we collect this information
- When you order goods or services
- When you create a customer account
What we collect
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order or provide feedback to us.
- Delivery address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Transaction information
Information Collection & Use
We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit or use our pages. We may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. We may use this information for three general purposes: to customise the content you see, to fulfil your requests for certain services and information, and to contact you.
Information Sharing & Disclosure
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. We will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
(1) we have your consent to share the information;
(2) we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
(3) we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Legacy Nautical to provide a product or service to you (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
(4) we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
(5) we find that your actions on our web sites violate the above terms of service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.